This cruise on the most abundant river in the world is a real voyage of discovery. From the major city of Iquitos, you’ll travel through three countries along the Peruvian, Colombian and Brazilian Amazon. You’ll go on excursions and Zodiac trips into the dense jungle and observe river dolphins, which show their pink bellies when they leap out of the water. You’ll visit the indigenous people in their remote villages, where young women and men perform their dances. Then it is on to Manaus, the city with beautiful Art Nouveau façades. There, the Rio Negro merges with the Rio Solimões, an impressive spectacle of colour that can then be seen along the Amazon for miles. At the end of your cruise, you’ll be greeted by Belém, the “city of the mango trees”.
Why this cruise?
- Witness manatees and pink river dolphins
- Zodiac trips to remote villages (weather-dependent)
- A special type of inclusive excursion: the exclusive Boi Bumba Festival Show
- Manaus: city and natural spectacle of the “Meeting of the waters”
- Stay a few days longer in Peru – with our preliminary programmes “Machu Picchu” or “Lima”