The Danube breakthrough between the Carpathian Mountains and the Balkan Mountains is one of the most impressive river valleys in Europe and the most spectacular section of a Danube cruise. At the end of this imposing stretch is the “Iron Gate”: Over 110 km, the river makes its way through the mountains. Its journey takes you past the vineyards of the picturesque Wachau valley and the metropolises of Vienna, Bratislava, Budapest and Belgrade. A special highlight of this cruise: Novi Sad in Serbia. This wonderfully and very colourfully restored city awaits you with its mix of Austrian/Hungarian and modern culture.
Why this river cruise?
- Travel through 6 countries in 12 days – with only 5 departure
- The highlights of this cruise are the Danube Cataracts and the Carpathian breakthrough with its breathtaking canyons and the “Iron Gates”
- Visit the Croatian Kopački rit Natural Park with numerous waterfowl and glorious vegetation
- Interesting impressions beyond the well-known tourist paths in the Djerdap National Park (Iron Gates) as well as the Golubac Fortress and the Lepenski Vir archaeological site.
- Austrian/Hungarian culture in the colourful old town of Novi Sad in Serbia
- Beautiful panoramic view on the confluence of the Sava and Danube in Belgrade