This cruise explores the colourful countryside in the south of France and the beauty of its historical cities. It takes in the famous Ardèche Gorge, continuing into Provence and the Camargue with its incomparable atmosphere, which inspired van Gogh. From Lyon, the cruise heads north on the Saône to Chalon-sur-Saône, with an excursion option to Burgundy, and then on the Rhône towards the Mediterranean Sea. In cities such as Mâcon and Arles, you can understand why the Romans felt so at home there. In Avignon, great buildings await, such as the papal palace. If you want to, you can explore the picturesque region of Burgundy, with its monasteries and castles, for three more days at the end of your cruise.
Why this river cruise?
- River cruise along the two rivers in the South of France: Rhône and Saône
- Option to book an active outing canoeing in the Ardèche
- Travel in the footsteps of the ancient Romans, e.g. in the arena in Arles or at the former aqueduct Pont du Gard
- Enjoy unique nature in the Camargue with its wild horses and flamingos
- Real history in Avignon
- Get to Lyon in comfort by modern coach with door collection.