Shanghai's plate glass palaces and skyscrapers, with temples and cook shops between – an impressive contrast. A river full of dramatic high points then awaits you: the Yangtze. The breathtaking structure of the Three Gorges Dam, the splendid views of nature to be seen in this journey up the longest river in China, with the cities of an ancient culture along its banks. We continue to Xi'an, where you can see the famous Terracotta Army. This is followed by Beijing, bearing impressive witness to numerous imperial dynasties. Experience the many faces of China on this awe-inspiring trip through this Middle Kingdom.
Why go on this round trip?
- Imperial dynasties and skyscrapers, traditional pagodas and high-tech: Stunning contrasts in the Middle Kingdom
- Cruise on one of the most luxurious and modern Yangtze ships
- The former centre of power of the Chinese Emperor: The Forbidden City in Beijing
- The largest man-made structure in the world: The legendary Great Wall of China
- Technical wonders on the Yangtze: The Three Gorges Dam, the world's biggest damming project