Go back in time! On the banks of the Rhine and Moselle, history becomes tangible. We will pass the Lorelei rock, where according to the legend many sailors were bewitched by a mermaid's song. And we follow the meandering Moselle to Traben-Trarbach, in the midst of steep, vine-covered slopes. Stately Eltz Castle and the impressive Ehrenbreitstein Fortress are just two of the many historical landmarks that we will visit. In Mainz we will trace the steps of Johannes Gutenberg, and we will set off from Strasbourg into Alsace, a region steeped in history. Your luggage? Full of memories!
Please note the changes to the itineraries and to the excursion packages for the Rhine in Flames for departures on the 04.07.2019, 09.08.2019 and 13.09.2019.
Why this river cruise?
- Travelling south through the World Heritage Site of the Middle Rhine Valley to the most beautiful places in Germany
- A cruise through the wine-growing landscapes along the Rhine and the Moselle
- One of the biggest castle sites in Germany: the imposing Eltz Castle
- Tracing the steps of Johannes Gutenberg in Mainz
- Half-timbered houses, cosy villages and German-French cuisine in Alsace
- NEW: can be combined to make a cycle tour cruise with the e-bike package