The Danube breakthrough between the Carpathian Mountains and the Balkan Mountains is one of the most impressive river valleys in Europe and the most spectacular section of a Danube cruise. At the end of this imposing stretch is the “Iron Gate”: Over 110km, the river makes its way through the mountains. Its journey takes you past the vineyards of the picturesque Wachau and the metropolises of Vienna, Bratislava, Budapest and Belgrade. A special highlight of this cruise: Novi Sad in Serbia. The wonderfully and very colourfully restored city awaits you with its mix of Austrian/Hungarian and modern culture.
Why this river cruise?
- Travel through 7 countries in 12 days – on only 4 departures
- The destination of this cruise are the Danube Cataracts, the Carpathian breakthrough with its breathtaking canyons and the “Iron Gate”
- Visit the Croatian Kopački rit natural park with numerous waterfowl and lush vegetation
- Austrian/Hungarian culture in the colourful old town of Novi Sad in Serbia
- Beautiful panoramic view on the confluence of the Sava and Danube in Belgrade